What to Expect
Aftercare is very important and you must follow these instructions for the full 7-10 days after the procedure to ensure proper healing and colour retention. Results will differ from person to person and are not guaranteed.
Immediately after your procedure your brows will appear darker and more defined. For 24 hours afterwards, gently cleanse the area with wipes and remove any excess lymph (clear fluid) and repeat this process using wipes every 30 minutes for 3 hours to prevent the formation of scabs.
Wipe your brows morning and night for 7 days with a cleansing wipe and apply a very small amount of the aftercare balm that is given to you. You must clean off the old balm before applying more balm, to keep the brows clean and free from debris.
Around 4-5 days after that you will experience flaky skin and/or some light scabbing, do not pick your brows as this can take chunks of pigment with it.
Once the flaking has stopped the tattoo may seem faint as new skin begins to grow over the tattoo .The hair strokes then become clearer from day 14-28. Skin takes 28 days to fully heal. Cosmetic tattoo is a 2 step process and a ‘touch up’ appointment will be made approx 4-6 weeks after your initial procedure.
THINGS NOT TO DO
- DO NOT EXPOSE YOUR BROWS TO THE SUN
- DO NOT SWEAT EXCESSIVELY FOR 7 DAYS. SWEAT CONTAINS SALT AND CAN INFECT AND PREMATURELY FADE YOUR BROW TATTOO. MODERATE EXERCISE IS FINE.
- DO NOT RUN WATER ON YOUR BROWS THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT IN THE FIRST FEW DAYS, YOU DO NOT WANT TO DILUTE ANY PIGMENT.
- DO NOT USE VASELINE OR PAW PAW ON YOUR TATTOO.
- DO NOT USE ANY MAKEUP, CREAMS, EXFOLIANTS ON THE BROWS FOR 7 DAYS.
- DO NOT GO INTO SAUNA’S, POOLS, AND STEAM ROOMS.
- DO NOT HAVE FACIALS OR SKIN TREATMENTS DURING THE HEALING PROCESS.
- DO NOT USE EXFOLIANTS,RETINOL ACIDS, OR AHA’S ON THE BROW AREA. IT WILL FADE YOUR TATTOO PREMATURELY.
- DO NOT USE LASER LIGHT THERAPY ON YOUR BROW TATTOO. THIS CAN DARKEN, LIGHTEN, AND CHANGE THE COLOUR OF THE PIGMENT.
After the procedure the lips will look and feel swollen, however this will subside within 24 hours. They will also start to feel dry and may start to peel around day 3-4 . Do not pick any scabs or flaky skin from the lips.
You will be given aftercare balm on the day of your appointment to apply daily for at least 10 days. Do not allow the lips to become dry as this can affect the healing process and the also the final healed colour. Make sure you have washed your hands thoroughly before applying lip balm to reduce the risk of infection.
You will need to adhere to the following 24-48 hours after the procedure
Do not drink hot drinks unless through a straw.
Avoid spicy foods, especially chillies
Avoid salty ,oily and acidic foods e.g lemons whilst healing.
Do not get them wet for 7 days, only light rinsing to clean the lips before applying lip balm.
Avoid wearing lipstick or any other lip product apart from the lip balm given to you
Take anti-viral medication 3 days after to avoid a cold sore break out if you have ever had a cold sore in the past.
CONTACT & BOOKING
Want to have a chat? I will respond as soon as I can!
You can also contact me through any of the social networks below
MONDAY - TUESDAY - FRIDAY 9:00 am — 5:00 pm
SATURDAY: 9:00 am — 1:00 pm
0401 047 857 email@example.com
34 Ulinga Street, Glenelg North, SA